The TIO and its staff settled on an enterprise agreement for 2013-2016. The agreement was supported by 89 per cent of staff who voted in an AEC-conducted ballot in June 2013.
Some of the benefits for staff it includes are:
- ongoing employment
- competitive yearly pay increases
- the option of “buying” additional leave, and
- increased superannuation contributions.
The TIO will benefit from having an option to:
- shut down during end-of-year holidays, and
- expand its hours of operation.
The enterprise agreement was submitted to the Fair Work Commission, which endorsed it in August 2013. It replaces the use of the Clerks - Private Sector Award 2010 at the TIO.